June is National Safety Month. It is also the beginning of summer. During the month of June, we challenge everyone to get more active but do it safely!
Some of the safety tips that you can follow regularly are:
- Do not text and drive
- Do not drink and drive
- If your medicine is outdated, get rid of it.
- Always wear your seatbelt while riding in a car.
- To help prevent falls:
Get your eyes checked every 2 years.
Do exercises to improve balance and leg strength.
Review your medicines with your doctor, some can make you
sleepy or dizzy.
- Take a first aid class.
- Keep a first aid kit and emergency supply kit in your home
and car for accidents and natural disasters.
- Use a car seat, booster seat, or seat belt that’s right for your
child’s size and age – on every trip.
- Teach your child to swim and closely watch your child in
or near water.
- Keep medicines, vitamins, and cleaning products where your
child can’t see or reach them.
- Make sure your child wears the right safety gear (like a
helmet or pads) when playing sports or doing other physical
- Make sure food is cooked to a safe temperature.
- Keep cold foods cold and hot foods hot. This helps prevent
bacteria from growing. If hot or cold food is left out at room
temperature for more than 2 hours, germs already in the food
can multiply and become more dangerous.
- Use insect repellent (also called bug spray) on your skin and
- Wear long-sleeved shirts, long pants, and socks to cover your
- Take a shower within 2 hours after being outside to help wash
- Put dry clothes in the dryer on high heat for 10 minutes to kill
It's summer time. We want you and your family to enjoy yourselves. We hope you follow the above tips to help stay safe. If you would like more tips click below and we will send them to you. Have a great and safe summer!
Live Laugh Love
RTL Events RTL News RTL TV
Periodically RTL Associates hosts events to educate our clients and community about how insurance and other vehicles can help protect them and their families financially. Our events are usually free or have a minimal cost. Watch this space for an alert sign. When it appears click on this section for information on the next event.
Happy New Year! Below are some of the exciting changes for RTL Associates in 2019.
Flood Insurance Click Here
DIY Homeowner Quotes Click Here
Mobile and Manufactured
(owners and renters) Click Here
This is our video section. We have many videos that explain insurance products that can help keep our clients financially whole. If there is something in particular that you would like to see, feel free to contact us and we will try to accommodate you. (Coming Soon)